With more than 30 species of seabirds including four species of penguins, South Georgia is often referred to as the Galapagos of the Poles. If you consider yourself a wildlife enthusiast or history buff, then this expedition is the perfect adventure for you! On this expedition you will witness massive numbers of polar wildlife, spectacular scenery and historically significant sites from early explorations to the Antarctic region.
- Experience the quintessential wildlife experience of the “Galapagos of the poles” with over 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin.
- Visit South Georgia King Penguin rookeries – the largest in the world.
- Reflect for a moment at the resting place of the great explorer, Sir Ernest Shackleton.
- Visit abandoned whaling stations and learn stories of inhabitants who called this island home.
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar specialists.