This is a journey for wildlife lovers, particularly those with a passion for penguins. The wildlife paradise of South Georgia starts things off with four penguin species including hundreds of thousands of king penguins, then the Antarctic Peninsula offers up Adelie, gentoo and chinstrap penguins. You’ll also experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, creating a special extended Antarctic experience.
- Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot;
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers;
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as ‘the Galapagos of the South’. This includes more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin;
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside; and
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar specialists.