A comprehensive expedition of extremes, you can’t find a more complete Antarctic experience than this! Travel to the wildlife paradise of South Georgia, he remote Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) and the always impressive Antarctic Peninsula. Diversity and discovery are the hallmarks of this voyage, which offers unprecedented pristine landscapes and wildlife viewing opportunities. This trip ends in Buenos Aires so take a few extra days and enjoy the rich history and culture of this world class city.
Day-by-Day Expedition in Brief
- Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot;
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers;
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, which includes more than 30 species of breeding birds and four species of penguin;
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his grave;
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands; and
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar specialists.
- End your Expedition in the world tango capital – Buenos Aires;
- Enjoy an included introductory Buenos Aires package with tango show and city tour;
Day 1 — Ushuaia, Argentina
Day 2 — Embarkation Day
Days 3 and 4 — Crossing the Drake Passage
Days 5 to 8 — South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Days 9 and 10 — At Sea
Days 11 to 13 — South Georgia
Days 14 to 16 — At Sea
Days 17 and 18 — Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Days 19 to 22 — At Sea
Day 23 — Disembarkation in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pre- and Post-Trip Options Extend Your Stay
Getting to the Antarctic can be just as much fun as being there. Quark offers multiple travel packages that enable you to see more of the world before and after your Antarctic adventure.
Savour a spectacular bottle of Malbec with fine Argentine steak, explore street art in colourful San Telmo or experience the world-class shopping on Avenida Florida. Discover the elegant beauty of Buenos Aires, a city that melds European charm with the frenzied pace of Latin life. This package includes a guided tour of the city’s impressive highlights, from the quaint, cobbled plazas to its most sophisticated neighbourhoods. In the evening, you will enjoy a spectacular dinner and tango show with a live orchestra. Please contact a Quark Polar Travel Adviser for pricing.