The Ocean Diamond is Quark’s modern, stable super yacht, and the largest of our small ships. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, this outstanding vessel features numerous adventure options plus on board amenities for you to enjoy such as a massage and wellness program and a well-stocked polar library.
It is also very fuel efficient and is the only ship in Antarctica to offer certified CarbonNeutral® voyages.
- Exterior views
- Facilities en suite
- Flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- Single cabins have one double bed
- Twin cabins have one double bed or two twin beds
- Triple cabins have one double bed or two twin beds, plus a third pull-down berth
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Massage and wellness programs offering yoga classes, aromatherapy treatments, and massage therapy
- Photography program with Expert-in-Residence
- Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Speed of vessel saves up to 12 hours on the Drake crossing, giving you more time to enjoy Antarctica
- Internet access (review a PDF of the Onboard Internet Guidelines)
- Theatre-style auditorium with state of the art equipment
- Clinic with licensed doctor
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Snowshoeing & hiking (included)
- Optional Kayaking (additional charge)
- Optional cross country skiing (additional charge)
- Optional mountaineering (additional charge)
For a closer look inside the Ocean Diamond, view our 360° Panoramas Tour of the cabin interiors. Photos by Ken Kaminesky.
- Staff and Crew: 144
- Guests: 189
- Length: 124 meters
- Breadth: 16 meters
- Draft: 4.9 meters
- Propulsion: 2 Wichmann Engines, 7375 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 15.5 knots
- Registration: Nassau, Bahamas
- Lifeboats: 2 fully enclosed
Did You Know?
Sustainability - Quark Cares
Quark Expeditions is profoundly committed to environmentally responsible tourism. As a long-time, active member of both the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), and the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO).
Quark adheres to stringent guidelines designed to ensure the Polar Regions remain pristine for generations to come.
Ocean Diamond Offers the First Ever Carbon-Neutral Voyage
Quark will offset the emissions of the Ocean Diamond, the company’s newest ship, thereby offering the first carbon neutral voyages in polar travel history. Travelers to Antarctica, one of the world’s most remote and remarkable destinations for once-in-a-lifetime vacations, will be guaranteed to have a “green” experience at no added cost to any passenger. Quark Expeditions will offset an estimated 5,682 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) with select hydro, wind power and reforestation CarbonNeutral projects in Turkey, Kenya, India and China, one being a gold standard project.