InterContinental® Hotels Group Executive Chef, Alexander “Alex” Feher, will be joining Quark’s January 14, 2014 Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent voyage aboard the Sea Spirit.
Chef Feher was born in Belgrade, Serbia, attended culinary school in Stuttgart, Germany, and has a Masters Degree in Culinary Skills. Chef Feher has worked at several InterContinental® properties around the world, such as Frankfurt, Beirut, Dubai, and Tehran, and is committed to using only local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients.
Chef Feher has been part of the InterContinental® family for 40 years and is currently based at the InterContinental® Miami and has received numerous awards and honors, including:/p>
- Olympic Gold Medal in Culinary Skill (1976)
- Chef of the Americas Award for American Harvest Competition (1993)
- Chef of the Year Award, New York Tri-State Area (1995 and 1999)
- Executive Chef of the Year for InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts’ Best of the Best (2013)
- Member of the Chaine des Rotisseurs and Vartel Club of New York
For more information, contact a Quark Polar Travel Adviser at 1-888-892-0073