Designed to carry travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world, Sea Adventurer was built in Yugoslavia in 1976, refurbished in 1999 and had further upgrades in 2002. You will be impressed by this ice-strengthened ship, which carries up to 117 passengers and features a spacious forward lounge and bar, window-lined dining room and promenades.
The nimble, ice-strengthened Sea Adventurer is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. Take a look at what to expect for 2017:
- A new look and feel throughout
- Renovations to the interior of the ship including outside cabins with ensuites, spacious forward lounge and bar, and other amenities
- The addition of new passenger cabins
- New bathrooms in every cabin, and upgrades to the Main Lounge and Main Dining Room, gym, and select suites
- Significant technical enhancements – including two new engines, generators, gear boxes, drive systems, and re-bladed propellers
- Increased fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
For 2017, enjoy greater comforts, amenities, and an enhanced onboard experience!
- 57 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- TV and DVD player in every cabin
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- 24 hour beverage service
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Exercise Room
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Hiking & snowshoeing (included)
- Optional kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping using high-quality REI camping equipment (additional charge)
For a closer look inside the Sea Adventurer, view our 360° Panoramas Tour of the cabin interiors. Photos by Ken Kaminesky.
- Staff and Crew: 83
- Guests: 117
- Lifeboats: 4 partially enclosed
- Length: 101.1 meters
- Breadth: 16.2 meters
- Draft: 4.5 meters
- Propulsion: Diesel Twin Engines - 5,200 horsepower.
- Ice Class: 1A
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots in open water
- Registration: Bahamas
Sea Adventurer Deck Plan
Did You Know?
Polar Adventure Ships
We call our expedition vessels “Polar Adventure Ships,” and adventure is exactly what they deliver. Quark’s ships will get you to some of the most isolated and breathtaking wilderness areas in the world – and we’ll get you there safely and comfortably. All our ships feature ice-strengthened hulls for superior navigation in ice-packed polar waters.
Special Dietary Needs
Our chefs are able to meet most special dietary requests of our passengers. If you’re a vegetarian, there is a good selection of vegetables, pasta, grains and fruit available. Please clearly indicate your dietary restrictions on the Medical Information Form well in advance of your voyage. We regret Kosher food cannot be prepared onboard.