Quark Gives You More Choices!
- The Arctic or Antarctica?
- Icebreakers or polar adventure ships with ice-strengthened hulls?
- Departures - between June and September in the Arctic?
- Departures - between October and March in Antarctica?
- Optional activities - kayaking, camping, cross-country skiing and mountaineering?
- Duration - from 8-days to 32-days?
The difference between ordinary sailing destinations and the polar environments demands two distinct styles of ship. Our Icebreakers offer itineraries that take you to areas in the Arctic and Antarctica that are inaccessible to traditional expedition vessels Icebreakers deliver aerial sightseeing by onboard helicopters. Polar Adventure Ships deliver Zodiac cruising, shore landings and optional adventures activities - kayaking, camping, cross-country skiing and mountaineering. These ships have ice-strengthened hulls, and were purpose-built for polar cruising.