Quark has set many firsts in expedition travel by passenger vessels.
- First-ever tourism transit of the Northeast Passage, the historic route across the Russian arctic
- Quark offers first non-scientific visits to emperor penguin rookeries
- First circumnavigation of Antarctica for commercial passengers completed
- First circumnavigation of the Arctic Ocean
- Quark first to confirm most northerly emperor penguin rookery near Snow Hill in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica
- Quark offers maiden voyage on nuclear icebreaker 50 Years of Victory to the North Pole
- Three arctic islands trip voted one of National Geographic Traveler’s 50 Tours of a Lifetime
- Quark launches first-ever CarbonNeutral® voyages to Antarctica aboard Ocean Diamond
- Quark hosts Jonathan Shackleton (Ernest Shackleton’s cousin) and Falcon Scott (Robert Falcon Scott’s Grandson) as they walk (and camp) on 7th Continent together
- Quark teams with Hot Docs Canadian International Film Festival to offer the first-ever floating polar film festival onboard the Sea Spirit
In the Field BBC
The Frozen Planet When the BBC & Discovery Channel decided to explore Antarctica for their popular Frozen Planet series, they turned to Quark Expeditions. No other travel company does only polar travel and features more polar scientists, historians and biologists on its trips. Watch the Video.