Quark Expeditions, the leader in Polar adventure travel, is looking for a tenured, dynamic, travel industry professional, with experience working with wholesalers, tour operators and retailers to lead profitable sales growth through the travel channels.
The position is responsible for managing and exponentially growing the sales through the travel channels within Europe with a focus on the Netherlands; French speaking European Markets (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Suisse Romande); Spain and Portugal.
In conjunction with the Regional Sales Director of EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) this position establishes the strategy and tactics to grow sales in the travel channels through market-share growth and profitable yield management in their specific territory.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to build relationships and understand opportunities for future revenue growth in the indirect channels, including chains and consortiums.
Territory: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland (French), Spain and Portugal
Reports to: Regional Sales Director, EMEA
Office Location: Home based position to be ideally located in one of the territory countries
Languages Required: English, French and Spanish. Other languages also an asset.
Years of Experience
Requires 4-6 years of experience in increasingly senior roles in Sales or Account Management, preferably within the adventure/experiential/cruise travel industry.
Previous experience in the expedition cruise space is an asset.
- Leads the development of tactical and long-term strategic objectives specifically designed to grow sales in wholesale and retail travel channels, in alignment with Quark’s long term strategic plan.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the senior leadership teams at existing and emerging strategic retail travel partners, maximizing the value and growth potential through effective account management
- Liaise and contract with new potential consortia and maintain relationships with existing consortia
- Based on established strategies, and sourcing/research, conducts cold calls on travel agencies looking for opportunities to develop sales from existing and new customers.
- Uses Softrip and SalesForce to analyze and monitor sales of key accounts, establish benchmarks, track sales trends and ROI, and uncovers untapped resources to create strategies specific to prospect productivity and potential.
- Identifies new revenue streams and marketable database opportunities in the travel retail partner channel, through presentations and pitches
- Establish and implement new business development and group and charter acquisition strategies in retail travel markets and channels
- Establish and implement communication plans for trade partners, including segmented messaging
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product to lead the deployment of regular trade communications including monthly newsletters, trade-specific tactical messaging, sales tools, USP’s, competitive differentiation
- Coordinate the development of cooperative marketing efforts with key accounts with the goal of increasing indirect sales
- Identify key agencies in Quark’s trade database and establish account plans
- Oversee the creation and deployment of partner training curriculum in alignment with brand guidelines
- Creates engaging, compelling and educational presentations to use onsite, at trade shows or via agent-focused webinars.
- Develops a strong understanding of competitor activity and the potential current and future implications on Quark’s business.
- Participates in relevant events maximizing Quark’s product exposure.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets by looking of opportunities to develop sales from existing and new accounts.
- Strong collaboration with other departments (finance, marketing and operations) ensuring expectations are aligned and customer needs are met.
- Shares energy, enthusiasm, insight, skill and experience with everyone.
Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in increasingly senior roles in sales and account management
- Finely-tuned business, strategic and commercial acumen including proven experience in business plan and contract development.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively present and pitch ideas in a business setting, engage stakeholders, build consensus and compellingly communicate Quark’s value proposition.
- Strong negotiation skills in multi-cultural settings.
- Ability to author contracts and sales agreements
- Can clearly demonstrate the ability to understand the needs of passengers and positively make recommendation to enhance customer experience.
- Grounded, mature self-starter with passion for exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to function within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, set and achieve goals, and demonstrate tenacity self-discipline to work independently, prioritize day-to-day activities and travel while adjusting priorities without losing effectiveness.
- Requires computer skills including hands on experience with email, browsers, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database knowledge and sales presentation tools.
Requires high level of discretion and judgment in making decisions.
This job description does not represent an exhaustive list of job duties or requirements. From time to time the job may be changed at the sole discretion of the company, and the foregoing should be viewed only as a summary of the key elements of the position that will change and evolve to reflect the changing needs of the business.