Reporting to the Head of Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for day to day management of a variety of customer-facing technology projects and systems designed to improve our customer’s enjoyment and overall travel experience.
This position will oversee the digital and communication services available to staff and passengers on Quark Expeditions’ current fleet of expedition ships as well as delivering key project management and consulting to Quark’s new expedition ship (and any other new builds or newly contracted ships).
These systems cover all touch-points of Quark’s passenger expedition journey: from boarding and embarkation, through their on-board digital and communication experiences
This position is also responsible for the direct support and servicing for Quark Expeditions’ Operations Teams, including their specific technology needs and digital support.
- Passenger systems (Networks, Security, and Guest Management)
- Expedition and Ship Staff management systems
- Point of Sale, Inventory and Asset Management systems
- Satellite and Telephony Communication Systems
- Digital and traditional Entertainment Systems (Music, Video, Movies, Gaming, etc.)
- Presentation systems and Ship Theatre and lounge audio/visual systems
- Language translation devices and systems
- Captive Portal Web Applications and services
- Customer Experience Scoring (CES) and Customer Satisfaction (CuSat) measurement and reporting
In addition, the position supports and assists with the design and support of
- Post-Sale customer Service Systems (Pre-departure communications and Self-Service web applications).
- Post Travel Engagement (Photo Journals, Referral and Testimonial capture, Customer Satisfaction scoring)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supports Quark Expedition’s Operations Teams – specifically the Operations Leadership Team - to analyze requirements and to design and deliver technical solutions to address those requirements.
- Ensures efficient and effective Expedition Season ‘start-up’ and ‘shut-down’ processes and procedures are defined and executed – often in person and with the support of other staff and contractors.
- requirements definition, research, recommendation, development and deployment of technology solutions.
- gathering metric data and regular feedback for all systems, performing analysis and reporting, and managing continual improvement cycles where appropriate.
- Liase with ship owners and management, as well as system vendors to deliver valuable passenger digital systems and services on Quark’s expedition ships.
- Assists information technology and operations team members in resolution for deployed solutions as required.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation for ongoing projects and deployed solutions.
- Communicates regular project updates to supervisor and other Information Technology and Operations Team leaders.
- Contract, project and relationship management with vendors, ship owners, ship builders, or systems integrators.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years or more of technology-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years’ specific experience with travel technologies within the cruise ship, hotel, expedition or similar travel industry is required.
- Ability and desire to travel frequently and for extended periods is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) is required.
- Ability to travel freely and work globally.
- Final candidates may be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.