Quark Expeditions is seeking a dynamic, personable candidate who is looking to combine a love of adventure & expedition travel with their solid organizational, logistical and interpersonal skills to prepare for our Arctic and Antarctic programs. The position will be based at our Toronto office as part of our Operations Team.
The Operations Coordinator is a position within the Operations Department, coordinating a variety of ongoing projects and assisting in planning for the current and future seasons. The Operations Coordinator will assist the Operations Specialist and Operations Manager to ensure our field staff are equipped with the materials, supplies and support required to deliver an exceptional onboard product.
Relationship to others:
The Operations Coordinator has daily contact with others within the Operations Department as well as individuals from other departments, such as Sales, Marketing, Product, IT and Finance.
The Operations Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Manager and has no direct reports.
- Assisting in submitting various permits required to operate in the polar regions
- Assisting in scheduling community visits where applicable.
- Helping to prepare and submit reports to the permitting authorities (IAATO and AECO) in a timely manner
- Assist in the organization of set-up and pack-up logistics for the start-up and end of season activities
- Support the team with tracking, organizing, archiving copies of contracts and insurance
- Support the team in the logistics of shipping gear to various international ports to rendezvous with the company’s vessels
- Assist in inventory tracking and analysis
- Assist in preparing material required by the field staff to deliver our onboard product well
- Liaising and communicating with other departments in projects and daily activities
- Contribute to improving processes within the operations department
Key requirements skills and qualifications:
- Experience using database and other software platforms, such as; Excel, Word, SharePoint, Pages etc.
- College diploma or equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Operations experience, ideally in the travel industry or other luxury product
- Ability to assist in a variety of projects and manage a varied workload
- Strong sense of integrity
- Collaborative worker
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency when required
- Ability to work within an informal entrepreneurial team but within a corporate context
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Excellent English communication skills