Hans Hansson was once as a rescue boat in the Baltic Sea. During a major refit in 2005, the vessel was modified to include comfortable accommodations for 12 passengers, while retaining its rugged seaworthiness. As a small exploration boat, it boasts the unique ability to reach special, out of the ordinary destinations that are otherwise inaccessible.
- The Hans Hansson is a small, intimate vessel, with a capacity of 12 passengers.
- The Hans Hansson was a working lifesaving boat in Norway.
- Born aboard the yacht Damien II on South Georgia, Dion Poncet, the skipper of the Hans Hansson, lived aboard until he was 8 years old, when his family moved to a farm in the Falkland Islands.
- Dion has been skippering in the Southern Ocean since 2000, has assisted on many scientific research trips, and has worked on Life in the Freezer and Frozen Planet.
- Due to her intimate size and homelike atmosphere, guests are often compelled to pitch in and help with setting the table and clearing the dishes. Meals aboard the Hans Hansson are served “family style”.
Upcoming Departures for the Hans Hansson
- Dec 11—Dec 28, 2017 - 18 days - Limited Availability - Please Call