The Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht, and one of the largest of our small expedition ships. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, and with two stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull, this outstanding vessel is ideal for polar expeditions.
As one of the fastest, and most eco-friendly ships in Antarctica, it is also one of the most comfortable. There are 101 elegantly designed cabins and suites, all with exterior views, and expansive common spaces, a club lounge, and a spacious restaurant. The ship offers numerous adventure options, plus on-board features such as interactions with photography instructors. After a full day of exploration, passengers can relax, browse books or DVDs in the well-stocked polar library, or enjoy stunning polar scenery from the sun-lit, panoramic observation lounge.
- Exterior views
- Facilities en suite
- Flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- Single cabins have one double bed
- Twin cabins have one double bed or two twin beds
- Triple cabins have one double bed or two twin beds, plus a third pull-down berth
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Massage therapy program
- Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Speed of vessel saves up to 12 hours on the Drake crossing, giving you more time to enjoy Antarctica
- Internet access (review a PDF of the Onboard Internet Guidelines)
- Theatre-style auditorium
- Clinic with licensed doctor
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Snowshoeing & hiking (included)
- Optional Kayaking (additional charge)
For a closer look inside the Ocean Diamond, view our 360° Panoramas Tour of the cabin interiors. Photos by Ken Kaminesky.
- Staff and Crew: 144
- Guests: 189
- Length: 124 meters
- Breadth: 16 meters
- Draft: 4.9 meters
- Propulsion: 2 Wichmann Engines, 7375 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising Speed: 15.5 knots
- Registration: Nassau, Bahamas
- Lifeboats: 2 fully enclosed
Ocean Diamond Deck Plan
Did You Know?
Sustainability - Quark Cares
Quark Expeditions is profoundly committed to environmentally responsible tourism. As a long-time, active member of both the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), and the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO).
Quark adheres to stringent guidelines designed to ensure the Polar Regions remain pristine for generations to come.