Sea Adventurer (soon to be named Ocean Adventurer)
As of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation and be officially renamed the “Ocean Adventurer”.
The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years, and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments, guests will enjoy:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
- All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
- Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
- Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines.
For Arctic 2017, enjoy greater comforts, amenities, and an enhanced onboard experience!
- 63 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- TV in every cabin
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Polar Boutique
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Exercise Room
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Hiking & snowshoeing (included)
- Optional kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping using high-quality REI camping equipment (additional charge)
- Staff and Crew: 87
- Guests: 132
- Length: 101.1 meters
- Breadth: 16.2 meters
- Draft: 4.5 meters
- Propulsion: Diesel Twin Engines - 5,400 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1A
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots, in open water
- Registration: Bahamas
- Lifeboats: 4, partially-enclosed