Founder and Host at Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge
Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge founder Josée Auclair has a distinguished, polar pedigree and has pioneered and led multiple women’s polar treks and expeditions to both Poles.
Josée has traveled extensively in the Arctic since 1988 and has assisted her husband Richard Weber and his partner Mikhail (Misha) Malakhov on several of their expeditions. She has actively participated in preparing and outfitting four major expeditions to the North Pole. Richard and Josée have over 20 years of experience and more than 45 arctic expeditions to their credit (13+ of them to the North Pole).
- From 1999 to 2004, led and conducted annual treks covering the last degree to the North Pole
- Led Woman Quest; an all-woman trek to the North Pole in 2001
- Led an all-woman trek covering the last degree to the South Pole in 2007
- Competed for Canada on the National Ski Team
- Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Botany from the University of Vermont; a teaching certificate from the University of Quebec
- First arctic expedition in 1988 - the first crossing of the Penny Ice Cap on Baffin Island