Quark Expeditions’ cutting-edge testing system provides 100% detection (even when guests are pre-symptomatic) with results available in 30 minutes. Staff are able to test all passengers within two hours. In addition, Quark Expeditions’ multi-functional taskforce of physicians and other polar experts conceived Four Pillars of Health and Safety will be rigorously followed.
Quark Expeditions’ S.A.F.E. COVID Policy
As the recognized leader in Polar Adventures, Quark Expeditions has spared no expense or effort in developing Quark Expeditions’ S.A.F.E. COVID Policy, which cements our position as the leader in safe polar travel.
S.A.F.E. represents our four-component approach that ensures passengers are protected in every way before and during their polar expedition.
- State-of-the-art Testing Protocols: every guest gets the Gold Standard of rapid Covid-19 tests.
- Anytime Cancellation & Rebooking: guests can rebook their trip for any reason up to 30 days prior to the voyage. No questions asked!
- Free from crowds: Visitors to the Polar Regions will enjoy a naturally socially-distanced expedition in remote, wide-open spaces that are always crowd-free.
- Experience will not be compromised! Quark Expeditions is known for offering guests extraordinary off-ship excursions. Our guests will continue to have every opportunity to experience the glaciers, fjords, and wildlife from our Zodiacs and during on-shore excursions.
S.A.F.E. COVID Policy
This best-in-class cancellation and rebooking policy allows travelers to rebook 30 days before the voyage. If a COVID-related reason keeps them from traveling, they’re covered right up until the day of departure with flexible rebooking options.
Natural social distancing is part of life in the remote, wide-open, sparsely populated Polar Regions—making the Arctic and Antarctic the best places to be at a time when location matters most. Guests can take comfort knowing that for the duration of their expedition, they are only interacting with their fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
There’s no sacrificing of onboard amenities or immersive excursions. Compared to other cruise offerings in the industry, a Quark Expeditions voyage is one in which guests will still be able to experience everything they expect of a memorable polar voyage.
Quark Expeditions will ensure guests remain healthy and Covid-free by conducting tests before and during the voyage.
- Less than 72 hours before traveling from home, guests must test negative to a Covid-19 test and provide this negative test result to Quark Expeditions staff at the gateway hotel.
- Guests will undergo another Covid-19 test at the hotel. Upon testing negative, they will then proceed to the charter flight. This extra step on behalf of Quark Expeditions means that everyone on your charter flight will have recently tested negative.
- Guests will be tested again (onboard the ship) four days into the voyage.
Now is the Time to Save
Benefit From Early Booking Bonuses
We’re as ready as you are to start traveling once more, but we realize we’re still facing months of transition. That doesn’t mean you can’t plan your dream expedition to the polar regions now. Book a trip for our future seasons and take advantage of our generous early booking bonuses of up to 25% off Arctic and Antarctic expeditions.
Pay Half the Deposit, Reap All the Adventure
For a limited time, you can secure a cabin with a low deposit of just 10 percent. That’s half of the standard 20% deposit required per booking. You can combine this low deposit requirement with any of our in-market offers, including the early booking bonuses. There’s never been an easier time for you to experience the polar regions.