Personal Information we Collect And Use at this Website
As a global travel company, we gather information needed to provide you with superior service, communicate offers on services that we believe will be of interest to you and to administer our business.
- We do not collect any personal information about you at our website unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. We define “personal information” as information that is unique to you and might include your phone number, name, age or email address. We may need this information, for example, if you subscribe to any email program we offer via the website (information such as your name and e-mail address), if you choose to provide us with your preference information (such as interests, travel preferences, and trips purchased), or when you enter a sweepstakes or one of our promotions (information such as name, address and telephone number) that we may offer via the website from time to time. If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
- Also, when you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, voyage or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside of the United States. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
- If you do provide us with personal information, we will only use it for the purposes described where it is collected or elsewhere on the website, and we will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Quark Expeditions or its affiliates unless (1) you expressly authorize us to do so, (2) it is necessary to allow our service providers, representatives, or agents to provide services for or to us, (3) in order to provide our products or services to you, (4) it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing or other agreements, (5) it is necessary or we deem it appropriate in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets or business of Quark Expeditions, a sale of stock or equity interests of Quark Expeditions, or the merger of Quark Expeditions into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Quark Expeditions is not the survivor, or (6) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law. Also, note that in connection with contests or other promotions, other website users may be able to review your name, your profile and your contest entry, but they will not be able to see your email address, phone number or age.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information (whether collected online or offline) with third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as indicated in the "Contacting Us" section of this Policy.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Other Promotions
On our website, you may wish to participate in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions that we may offer from time to time. Through these promotions, you may choose to participate in activities such as sharing information found on our websites with others and sending email invitations. If you choose to participate in these promotions, and are eligible to do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, date of birth and telephone number.
In connection with any contests, sweepstakes and other promotions that we may offer from time to time via the website, we use the information you provide to administer the contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We also may use the information to communicate with you, or the other people you select, about our products and services or our partners may use such information to communicate with you about the contests, sweepstakes or other promotions or their products and services. As mentioned above, if you create a profile and submit an entry in connection with a contest or promotion, your name, profile and entry, but not your email address, phone number and age, will be visible to other website users. We will not use information you provide about other people for any purpose except the purpose you direct without first getting their consent.
Information Collected from Children
www.QuarkExpeditions.com is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our website. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
(3) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (1) of “Your Rights” below.
We may send you e-mails with promotional offers, special event information, sales notifications or other messages only if you opt-in to receiving such e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive such e-mails from us, please follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions at the end of each email or contact us at http://www.quarkexpeditions.com/contact-us. Your e-mail address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
We appreciate your questions and comments about our website and services and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our website. We will share your messages with those within and outside our organization who may be able to address the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it, but your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
(1) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email” or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
(2) For a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request.
Please write to Quark Expeditions, Legal Department, 3131 Elliott Avenue, Suite 300, Seattle, WA, 98121, USA
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to personal information collected about you at our website to our employees, our affiliates' employees, those who are otherwise specified in this Policy, or others who need to know that information to provide services to you or in the course of conducting our business operations or activities. While no website can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information collected via the website. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all Quark Expeditions employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our company's business ethics standards and confidentiality policies.
Links to Other Sites
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites and web pages that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages.
A cookie is a piece of information that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are commonly used by websites to improve the user experience and have not been known to transmit computer viruses or otherwise harm your computer. Many cookies last only through a single website session, or visit. Others may have an expiration date, or may remain on your computer until you delete them.
Our cookies will track only your activity relating to your online activity on this website, and will not track your other Internet activity. Our cookies do not gather personally identifiable information.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our online products and services or website features.
We may occasionally use other companies to set cookies on our website and gather cookie information for us. In some cases, we may also use another company to operate web servers for our website. We use the cookie information gathered by these companies in the same manner as stated above.
In addition to the information we collect from cookies, we also obtain information which you provide to us online - for example, when you sign up for updates or when you purchase services or otherwise communicate with us. In some cases, we retain both the cookie information and/or the information you provide to us online - for example, to complete a transaction you requested or to keep historical records of your past transactions. In other cases, we only retain the cookie and/or online information you give us if you request us to do so for your use in subsequent sessions.
Certain pages on our websites contain "web beacons" (also know as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our website.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; and (3) transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
We may change this Policy at any time and from time to time. The most recent version of the Policy is reflected by the version date located at the bottom of this Policy.
Last Updated: v February, 2013