About Yun Wang
Though she now resides in Toronto, Canada, Yun hails from Beijing, China, where she graduated from 2 of the country’s best universities: Beijing University and the University of Science and Technology of China.
She has loved sports, such as volleyball, badminton, swimming, skiing, skating, fencing, kayaking and sailing, since childhood. Her volleyball team won the championship a few times in Beijing.
Yun started entering international photography competitions in 2015 and has since received several medals and awards, including the following:
- A gold medal and the Distinguished Canadian Photographer title at the 2015 Toronto International Photography Festival
- A Canadian Association for Photographic Art (CAPA) gold medal at the 2016 Canadian Salon
- Three silver medals, 1 bronze medal and the Distinguished Canadian Photographer title at the 123rd Toronto International Salon of Photography
- The Royal Ontario Museum’s 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- The Photographic Society of America’s 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Birdnet’s 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year
A CAPA-certified photography judge, Yun was invited to be the chief executive officer of the 2017 Toronto International Photography Festival’s judging committee.
In 2017, Yun changed careers to focus on photography, leading photography tours, with a specialization in wildlife and landscape photos. She has visited various countries around the globe, including Australia, the Netherlands, Hungary, Japan, the Maldives, Nepal, Kenya and Botswana, and has made many friends through those trips.
Yun is extremely excited to make new friends from all over the world in Antarctica and share her experience with you.