In the event that Quark Expeditions cancels a voyage due to COVID restrictions:
Antarctica 20/21: Valid on new and existing bookings.
1. “Voyage for Voyage Rebook”: Rebook on a future voyage on the same ship, itinerary, dates and stateroom category for the same price guests were invoiced for the canceled voyage. Quark Expeditions will issue a Future Travel Refund Credit* for the value of the monies paid towards the expedition costs, Adventure Options and hotel nights booked through Quark Expeditions which will be applied to the new voyage. Any price differences will be adjusted to reflect the same amount paid on the original invoice.
2. Where a similar “Voyage for Voyage” service is not available, Quark Expeditions will issue a Future Travel Refund Credit* of 120% of payments received by Quark Expeditions as of the date of the cancelation.
3. If guests decide to forego option 1 or 2, a cash refund** option is also available to fully refund 100% of payments received by Quark Expeditions as of the date of the cancelation. In addition, Quark Expeditions will also provide a $250USD (370AUD /230EUR /210GBP) Future Travel Credit per guest that may be applied to a future voyage that departs within 12 months of the date of the canceled voyage.
Please note the following conditions of the above policy:
1. This policy is only applicable to guests who booked with Quark Expeditions (whether via an agent or direct) and who accepted Quark Expeditions’ Booking Terms and Conditions. This policy does not apply to any party that booked an exclusive voyage, charter, group or otherwise booked on separately negotiated rates and/or terms outside of our public offers and terms and/or otherwise did not accept the standard Booking Terms and Conditions for their original booking. Please contact your group or charter agent directly.
2. Guests who have booked through a Tour Operator or agent may be subject to separate booking terms and conditions. If a guest booked through a Tour Operator, please contact your Tour Operator agent directly. In such circumstances this policy will not apply.
3. Upon receiving the guests’ selection of one of the above options, the decision is final.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*FUTURE TRAVEL REFUND CREDIT (FTRC)
a. The FTRC may be redeemed on any voyage operated by Quark Expeditions which departs within 3 years of the original canceled voyage departure date.
b. The FTRC will be issued in the name of traveler for the amount of the booking value received by Quark Expeditions as of the time of cancelation in respect of the cruise fare, extra hotel nights, transfer packages and/or adventure options
c. No FTRC or any other credit will be given for flights, fees and pre/post packages purchased through Quark Expeditions and such services are subject to terms and conditions of those service providers. Please contact Quark Expeditions for details of such and the relevant cancelation charges.
d. If the rebooked voyage is more than the FTRC value, the guest must pay the difference.
e. A FTRC may only be used once and towards one voyage. Should a voyage cost be less than the value of the FTRC then any remaining balance can only be used for additional services or ancillary extras relating to the rebooked voyage provided such are booked a minimum of 7 days prior to the voyage start day. After this date, the remaining value of the FTRC is forfeited.
f. The FTRC is combinable with in-market promotions. Exceptions may apply.
g. The FTRC is 100% non-refundable
h. The FTRC can only be redeemed against a new booking, and cannot be used to pay the deposit to an existing booking, applied to a past booking or a booking that has been paid in full.
i. The FTRC cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent
j. A maximum of 100% of the value of the FTRC can be transferred once to a friend or family member to be used against a new booking. This offer is subject to Quark Expeditions’ approval prior to creation of the new booking and is subject to that person accepting Quark Expeditions’ then applicable Booking Terms and Conditions when using their FTRC to book a Quark Expeditions voyage.
k. Transfer requests must be made in writing to Quark Expeditions. No partial transfers of a FTRC is permitted.
l. When a guest elects to cancel their voyage, in order to be eligible for a Future Travel Refund Credit, the guest’s booking file must be in good standing. Standard Booking Terms and Conditions will apply for any files that are in arrears (late payments).
m. The then applicable Booking Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made using the FTRC.
n. Should you cancel your rebooked voyage then cancelation charges will be as per the Standard Booking Terms and Conditions save that if they provide for any cash refund then where the booking was made using a FTRC then any refund due up to the value of the FTRC shall be issued in the form of a further FTRC and not cash and such FTRC shall be capped at 100% of the original FTRC value issued for your originally canceled booking.
o. If Quark Expeditions cancels a voyage where an FTRC has been used then Standard Booking Terms and Conditions apply save that notwithstanding anything else in those terms a new FTRC will be issued with a new expiration date of 3 years from date of the canceled voyage and no cash refund in respect of the FTRC element of the booking shall be provided.
p. In the event of a FTRC issued by error, with an incorrect monetary value or other details incorrect, we reserve the right to void the refund credit and issue a new one and shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the first refund credit and any decisions made by you in respect of the same.
q. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or destroyed FTRCs.
r. These FTRC terms shall be governed by the law and jurisdiction in the Booking Terms and Conditions which applied to the original booking in respect of which the FTRC has been issued.
s. FTRCs are not issued to any party that booked a charter, group, separately negotiated rates and/or terms outside of our public offers or otherwise did not accept the standard Booking Terms and Conditions for their original booking. Please contact your group or charter agent directly.
t. Guests who have booked through a Tour Operator or agent may be subject to separate booking terms and conditions. If a guest booked through a Tour Operator, please contact your Tour Operator agent directly. In such circumstances these FTRC rights and terms and conditions do not apply
u. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
a. The cash refund shall be in respect of the cruise fare, extra hotel nights, transfer packages and/or adventure options provided by Quark Expeditions only and will be credited to the original method of payment.
b. Upon receiving written notification, cash refunds may take up to 90 days to process.
c. The refund of 3rd party items such as flights, fees and pre/post packages (whether purchased through Quark Expeditions or third parties) are subject to terms and conditions of those service providers. Please contact your agent or the supplier directly to discuss options