Quark Expeditions Launches Six Innovative Itineraries for Arctic 2020 Season, Now Available to Book
SEATTLE – Jan. 10, 2019 – Quark Expeditions®, the leader in polar adventures and pioneering expedition travel company operating exclusively in the Arctic and Antarctica, today announces the launch of their Arctic 2020 season, now available for traveler bookings.
Quark Expeditions’ portfolio of Arctic voyages has now been expanded, featuring trips that explore the most popular Arctic and sub-Arctic islands, ideal for those interested in sampling the best of the region. The 2020 season will include in-depth exploration of the most beloved Arctic locations, while offering voyages to hard-to-access remote regions, such as the Russian Arctic. A new ship, the World Explorer, will be making its Arctic debut; the newest purpose-built expedition ship that boasts a distinctive all-suites, all-balconies, contemporary experience.
“The Arctic’s distinct wildlife and striking scenery is always a captivating favorite with much to experience, but this season, in particular, will be special with our route expansion, itinerary enhancements and the inclusion of the World Explorer ship,” said Andrew White, president at Quark Expeditions. “Our top priority is the traveler experience, which is why we’ve taken traveler feedback seriously, utilizing it to refine existing experiences, and craft new ones, which we are immensely proud of.”
Combined with world-class staff and impressive on and off ship programming, Quark Expeditions’ Arctic 2020 season will include six new, innovative itineraries and several returning favorites. New itinerary highlights include:
- Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland - This newly crafted voyage will offer passengers a chance to experience the best of the Arctic and Subarctic, with more regions included in one Arctic expedition than ever before. The 18-day journey on the recently renovated Ocean Adventurer will offer iconic arctic wildlife, picturesque fjords and the magical, volcanic island of Jan Mayen in 2020.
- Under the Northern Lights: Exploring Iceland & East Greenland - Considered the best of East Greenland and the most comprehensive exploration of this region, the unique 14-day voyage aboard the new World Explorer includes a visit to Northeast Greenland National Park, the world's largest national park. Exploration of this destination will now include enhancements, such as additional expedition landings in Iceland.
- Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay – This 15-day itinerary will provide in-depth exploration to one of Greenland’s most remote regions, bringing together visits to picturesque villages, Norse ruins, stunning landscapes, as well as a glimpse into the ancient and modern cultures of Greenland, creating an immersive experience.
- Best of the Western Arctic: Canada and Greenland – As the only Canadian Arctic voyage of 2020 featuring the iconic culture and wildlife of both the Canadian Arctic and West Greenland, this original 20-day expedition will combine the best highlights of both regions and their ties to Northwest Passage history into one epic voyage.
- Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya – This new 16-day voyage will take travelers to the through the mountains of Novaya Zemlya and the wildlife sanctuary of Franz Josef Land to witness magical ice-capped peaks soar out of the water and polar bears in their natural environment.
- High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos – Exploring the extreme regions of the Russian High Arctic, this striking 22-day experience consists of breathtaking ice-draped coastlines rarely visited by tourists; from the heavily glaciated Novaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land to the isolated islands of the icy Kara Sea, hoping to make landfall at the islands of the remote Severnaya Zemlya.
Coming soon is the iconic 14-day voyage aboard the 50 Years of Victory to the North Pole, back by popular demand. From crushing through multiyear ice to hot-air balloon rides at 90º N and sightseeing walruses, seals, whales, and polar bears via helicopter, this life-changing trip is one-of-a-kind.
With nearly three decades of polar exploration experience, Quark Expeditions has unparalleled expertise. Knowledgeable staff and specialists, together with a carefully selected fleet, allow for precise access to remote areas. Dedicated to providing the industry's most robust and exhilarating adventure options for passengers, including sea kayaking, hiking, and paddle excursions, Quark Expeditions helps passengers embark on unscripted experiences, capture new perspectives by land or by sea and personalize their expeditions.