PRIVACY NOTICE AT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION—CALIFORNIA
This PRIVACY NOTICE AT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (“COLLECTION NOTICE”) is provided to inform California residents, at or before the time of collection of personal information, of the categories of personal information to be collected from you by Quark Expeditions (“Quark Expeditions” or “we”) and the purposes for which the categories of personal information will be used.
Quark Expeditions will not collect categories of personal information other than those described below. We also will not use your personal information for any purpose other than those disclosed in this Collection Notice unless we notify you that we will do so and obtain your consent.
Quark Expeditions does not sell personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information about consumers. Please note that “personal information” does not include:
1. Information that is available from government records;
2. Information that has had all identifiers removed or that is aggregated (combined with information of others and generalized);
3. Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
a. Information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA);
b. Clinical trial data;
c. Information covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA);
d. Information covered by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA);
e. Information covered by the California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA); and
f. Information covered by the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Some types of information may fit more than one category listed below. For each category of personal information collected, please note below the business purposes for our using the information.
|Type of Information||Business Purposes of Use|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||To manage your travel bookings and provide you with our services.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||To manage your travel bookings and provide you with our services.|
|Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||To personalize your experience, optimize our websites and apps, and for marketing and promotion.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||To personalize your experience, optimize our websites and apps, and for marketing and promotion.|
|Geolocation data.||To personalize your experience, optimize our websites and apps, and for marketing and promotion.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||To process job applications.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the above information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||To manage your travel bookings, provide you with services, and for marketing and promotion.|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
1. Directly from our customers;
2. Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites (for example, from cookies, software, or individual profiles); and
3. Third parties and publicly available sources.
In addition to the specific uses listed above, we may use any of the above information for the following purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
• To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections;
• To improve our website and present its contents to you;
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or legal entity.
How to Contact Us
To contact Quark Expeditions you may email us at . Write to us at:
You also may make requests regarding your personal information at [URL] or [Phone number]