Leader in Polar Adventures adds Galapagos Islands and Small Boat Expeditions
[Seattle, WA] – November 3, 2015 – Quark Expeditions®, the world's leading polar expedition company, is pleased to announce two Galapagos Islands itineraries and small exploration boat expeditions to Antarctica and Falklands aboard Hans Hansson have been added to its 2016 slate of extraordinary adventures as part of the Explorers’ Collection.
The intimate Galapagos cruise experiences, complete with veteran Quark guides and featuring comfortable, well-appointed staterooms and excellent service will now be offered aboard the small expedition ship, Evolution:
- Galapagos Expedition: Darwin’s Playground, Central and North. Passengers will explore biodiverse and geographically stunning Galapagos Islands on this 10-day adventure showcasing the avian wonders of Genovesa Island before venturing to volcanic islands by Zodiac, and visit the famed Charles Darwin Research Center and Black Turtle Cove mangroves.
- Galapagos Expedition: Darwin’s Playground, Far West. This 10-day journey will explore Galapagos inner islands as well as more remote outer regions, including Isabela Island, Bartolomé, Santiago Island, Bachas Beach and Dragon Hill on Santa Cruz Island, San Cristóbal Island and Española Island, the southernmost island in the archipelago. Passengers will have the opportunity to see nesting iguana, baby tortoise, flightless cormorants and other species unique to the Galapagos Islands.
- Galapagos and Antarctica: Equator to Pole. Pair the unrivaled diversity and wonder of Galapagos Islands with a classic Antarctic Explorer expedition for a trip of a lifetime. In 21 days, travel from the volcanic islands of the world’s most biodiverse archipelago, to Buenos Aires and Ushuaia, Argentina, across the legendary Drake Passage through to the Antarctic Peninsula. Passengers may find themselves snorkeling with sea lions, marine iguanas and massive sea turtles one day and just a short time later, witnessing thousands of penguins preening for their guests in Antarctica.
For an even more bespoke experience, the nimble 12-passenger small exploration boat Hans Hansson takes passengers to the Southern Ocean’s most remote coves, inlets and havens of the Falklands and Antarctic Peninsula:
- Intimate Falklands: Bespoke Expedition. This 17-day cruise exposes passengers to abundant wildlife and rugged scenic beauty. In the East and West Falklands, islands teem with small birds, elephant seals, Magellanic penguins, southern giant petrel, southern sea lions and other unique species. Passengers will have ample opportunity to discover by ship, Zodiac, and on foot, with a variety of historical and environmentally significant landings to explore.
- Uncharted Antarctica: Bespoke Expedition. In 19 days, bask in the company of penguins, soaring seabirds, whales and barking seals. Thanks to small group size, itineraries offer longer, more flexible shore visits to explore white sand beaches, vast open spaces and incredible vistas.
“Our new Galapagos Islands and Hans Hansson itineraries fulfill our guests’ cravings for what they look forward to on a Quark expedition – small ship exploration, unique and remote destinations, and ample wildlife viewing opportunities,” said Andrew White, Quark Expeditions® President. “We’re excited to offer these once in a lifetime expeditions to incredibly diverse and stunning Galapagos, Falklands and Antarctica.”
Travelers are invited to contact an experienced Polar Travel Adviser to learn more.
About Quark Expeditions®
Specializing in expeditions to the Arctic, Antarctic and sub-polar regions, Quark Expeditions® has been the leading provider of polar adventure travel for 25 years. With a diverse fleet of specially-equipped small expedition vessels, icebreakers, and unique land-based adventures, it offers travelers unparalleled access to the most remote places on earth. Led by passionate and seasoned expedition teams, including scientists, naturalists and researchers, the on-board program focuses on guest interaction to educate and enrich the passenger experience. The company is known for its unwavering commitment to safety and sustainability, and was the first to offer passengers — free of charge — carbon-neutral voyages in Antarctica aboard the Ocean Diamond.
- 30 -