Your expedition ship Ocean Nova: Designed to carry travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world, Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable vessel carrying just 78 passengers on our Arctic Voyages.
Built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, she delivers clean, crisp Scandinavian styling, and with an ice-strengthened hull she is ideally suited for expedition travel in the Polar Regions. The Ocean Nova features comfortable outside cabins, all with private facilities, including dedicated twin and triple cabins. In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, there is a spacious dining room, a bar, a library and an infirmary. In the dining room you are treated to delicious meals, and in the panorama lounge you can enjoy a drink with a breathtaking view of the surrounding polar landscape. This is where our on-board specialists entertain and conduct lectures on flora, fauna and history.
Ocean Nova's triple cabins and some of the twin cabins on upper deck have upper and lower berths. All other cabins have two lower berths. In your cabin you also find a desk with a chair and ample storage space for clothes and equipment.
There is a friendly and informal atmosphere on board. Passengers are welcome on the bridge around the clock and there is always something to see or search for from the spacious observation decks. Traveling with this small expedition ship offers an entirely different experience and perspective than you can get on a larger and more conventional cruise ship. We welcome you on board.
- 38 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- Facilities en suite
- Flat-screen TVs and DVD players
- 220 voltage plugs
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- Spacious dining room with unreserved seating
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- 24 hour beverage service
- Polar Boutique
- Clinic, with onboard licensed doctor
- Exercise Room
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Optional kayaking on select voyages (additional charge)
- Hiking & snowshoeing (Special Interest Activity, included)
- Staff and Crew: 38
- Guests: 78
- Lifeboats: 4
- Length: 73m
- Breadth: 11M
- Draft: 3.7M
- Propulsion: 2,000 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1B (Casco 1A)
- Cruising Speed: 12n
- Registration: Nassau, Bahamas