Spitsbergen is the largest island of the Svalbard archipelago, and on this voyage we’ll attempt a circumnavigation of the island. Lying entirely within the Arctic Circle, Spitsbergen is rugged, wild, unspoiled—utterly unforgettable. When it comes to viewing arctic wildlife, Spitsbergen is known as one of the most prolific destinations.
The island and surrounding area offers one of the best opportunities to view polar bears, and with luck you’ll be able to see the world’s largest carnivores in their natural habitat. Walrus populations love Spitsbergen as well, feeding in the food-rich icy waters around the island. Whales and seabirds will also entertain you during the sailing portions of the expedition, and you may catch a sighting of reindeer or fox when taking Zodiac excursions to shore.
New: Complimentary Airfare on 2019 Departures!
Effective December 1, 2018 receive free one-way charter airfare on select 2019 departures. Subject to availability; new bookings only.
- June 17 to June 29, 2019 — Free one-way charter flight from Longyearbyen (LYR) to Oslo (OSL), valued at $400 USD.
- June 29 to July 11, 2019 — Free one-way charter flight from Olso (OSL) to Longyearbyen (LYR), valued at $400 USD.
Interested to see more of this voyage? Explore Spitsbergen in 360° Virtual Reality!
Day-by-Day Expedition in Brief
- Encounter arctic wildlife: polar bears, walrus, reindeer
- View numerous arctic bird species
- Explore the polar desert
- Take advantage of continuous daylight
- Hike the tundra
- Cruise in a Zodiac
- Enjoy optional kayak adventure opportunities