Recipient of a 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award, this 10-day voyage focuses on Disko Bay, an area as rich in history and legend as it is famous for icebergs and whales. Your arctic expedition explores the natural wonders of northwest Greenland in all their glory, from the impressive Ilulissat Icefjord (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and breathtaking Eqip Sermia glacier to the red heart-shaped mountain of Uummannaq and the incredible volcanic rock formations of Qeqertarsuaq. Traditional Inuit villages, each with its own character, are found along the coast, their brightly colored wooden houses dotting the rugged landscape. Vast stretches of unspoiled wilderness await modern-day adventurers in this magical realm, home to some of the best whale watching in the country.
Day-by-Day Expedition in Brief
- Visit traditional communities on the western coast of Greenland
- Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- View arctic wildlife, such as whales, birds and seals
- Cruise in a Zodiac to get up close to glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more
- Take advantage of kayaking opportunities