This mystical expedition cruise of the northern Atlantic, offers rich culture and wildlife experiences, including some rare opportunities that will delight those interested in birding. We'll explore the medieval art and archeology of Britain's northernmost archipelagos of the Orkney and Shetland Islands, before continuing east to the picturesque port of Bergen. Continuing northwards into the Norwegian Sea, we'll discover the UNESCO-protected Vega Island, a veritable ornithologists’ dream.
Our home for this voyage is the nimble small ship, Ocean Nova, which will afford us the opportunity to get up close and personal with much of the landscape. There will be plenty of time to venture into the fjords on our Zodiacs, allowing us to get even closer to cascading falls and make shore landings in otherwise inaccessible coves. We'll conclude the voyage in Tromsø, called the 'Gateway to the Arctic,' and the last major habitation before the Arctic Circle.
Day-by-Day Expedition in Brief
- The ancient history of the Scottish Isles combined with the exceptional landscape of the Norwegian Fjords
- Enjoy amazing bird life, with thousands of North Atlantic seabirds
- Sail deeper into fjords and visit islands that larger ships cannot
- An excellent mix of culture and natural history
- Sail north across the Arctic Circle
- Combine this voyage with Tromsø, Bear Island and Spitsbergen: Fjords and Bears