This unique 13-day voyage is a first for Quark Expeditions! Like true arctic adventurers, we’re tossing out our itinerary, choosing instead to let our search for polar bears and other wildlife determine our route and shore landings. Your foray into modern-day exploration will bring you to the Arctic of your dreams, immersed as you’ll be in all the natural wonders of the land of the midnight sun. Cruising along the coast, ice edge and inner fiords of Spitsbergen, one of most prolific destinations for viewing arctic wildlife, you’ll be rewarded with the opportunity to photograph the iconic polar bear in its natural habitat. Glacier-topped mountains, massive glacier fronts and deep-walled fjords soar majestically out of the icy sea, providing breathtaking backdrops for vast swaths of untouched tundra. Talk about picture perfect! Exploring this awe- inspiring area of the Svalbard archipelago never ceases to impress with its raw beauty, and you’ll experience it firsthand on this once-in-a-lifetime journey.
Day-by-Day Expedition in Brief
- View iconic arctic wildlife, like polar bears, walrus and arctic fox
- Enjoy continuous daylight, perfect for photography buffs
- Cruise in a Zodiac to get up close to glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more
- Hike the colorful arctic tundra
- Take advantage of photographic expertise on board for tips on technique