About Yun Wang
Originally from Beijing, China, Yun Wang now resides in Toronto, Canada. A few months each year is also spent leading an annual photography tour. Yun graduated from Beijing University and the University of Science and Technology of China. She loves sports and has participated in volleyball, badminton, swimming, skiing, skating, fencing, kayaking and sailing.
As a photographer, Yun has been successful in international photography competitions, receiving many accolades, including:
- A gold medal and the Distinguished Canadian Photographer title at the 2015 Toronto International Photography Festival
- The Distinguished Canadian Photographer title at the 123rd Toronto International Salon of Photography
- The Royal Ontario Museum’s 2016 Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- The Photographic Society of America’s 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- The World-Class Photographer title at the 125th Toronto International Salon of Photography.
Yun is also an international photography judge, and was invited to be the chief executive officer of the judging committee in 2017 and 2019 Toronto International Photography Festival. In 2020, she became Ontario Director of Photographic Society of America, devoted to bridging Chinese and international artists.
Yun's expertise helps guests enhance their polar experience and she loves, at the end of a voyage, seeing delight and satisfaction on their faces.